General Recruitment Timelines
INHALE allows participation for both primary care physicians and specialists. Our specialists include Adult and Pediatric Pulmonologists and Allergists. Practices are able to participate in the INHALE CQI through their Physician Organization (PO). Recruitment of practices takes place twice a year for participating POs and aligns with the BCBSM Value-Based Reimbursement (VBR) start dates:
- Primary Care & Pediatrician Practice recruitment occurs from April through June of each year with the deadline for practice-level agreements on June 1st. These practices will be eligible for VBR starting September 1st.
- Specialty Care Practice recruitment occurs in October through December of each year with a deadline for practice-level agreements on January 1st. These practices will be eligible for VBR starting March 1st.
Choose Appropriate Physicians/Practices to Participate
When recruiting physicians/practices to participate in the INHALE CQI please give careful consideration to the patient population served. While there is no minimum number of asthma and COPD patients required for participation (at this time) we do anticipate stipulations around patient population size in the future. Of note, if a physician has less than 10 attributed patients, data will not be visible on the Population Health Registry.
Each POs can choose to recruit individual physicians or full practices to participate. For practice-level participation, all eligible physicians from the practice will be listed as participating in the CQI.
Onboarding Your Physicians/Practices
The checklist below can help ensure all physicians and practices are successfully onboarded into the CQI.
- Sign Participation Agreement(s), Upload to Admin Portal
- Request Access to Population Health Registry through MDC
- Identify Practice Champion; Update Contacts/Alert Coordinating Center
- Add Physician(s) to INHALearning Platform